Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday, Wednesday

So I am sitting here eating (I kid you not) a salad made up of baby spinach, kiwi, strawberries, almond pieces, and a poppy seed dressing. The poppy seed dressing is kind of a cross between ranch and yogurt - odd I know but actually tasty. I never would have thought there was a dressing you could use on both kiwi and spinach and actually taste good.

News items of the day I wanted to point out: It is the 50th anniversary of Sputnik (see article: "50 Years Ago, Sputnik Changed Technology") and the new 1-800-Goog-411 appears to be available (sounds interesting, but not really a service I have ever used).

I can't believe that it is already October! Where did September disappear too? It also means that the semester is almost 1/3 over! I can't believe it. Of course, the weather has not been nearly as cold as I would have first guess. The evenings have been almost cold since it usually drops around 20 degrees. However, they are predicting it will be in the 80s for the end of the week (instead of our current 70s). Of course, I am not complaining in the least. I am totally enjoying the warmer weather while it lasts.

Well, I better get back to my work. I have a ton of reading to do and a lot of thinking to do. Ain't research grand? I also have to write the midterm for the class I am teaching. Each time I teach the class it is interesting because I have to come up with questions that test over the same material as before - but are completely new questions. An interesting challenge that I greatly enjoy. Well, until I get around to updating again - Happy Fall!

No comments: