Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cold Snap

"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." - Benjamin Franklin

The weather has definately changed around here. Last weekend it was in the upper 80s. This weekend it is hardly 60. Of course, the great part has been getting out all of my sweaters :-)

Stargate Atlantis was on last night. An interesting episode with two story lines and some interesting action sequences. There was a lot of funny dialoge (especailly over the fruit basket).

I don't have much exciting to talk about. Because of the recent climate change (and temperature drop) my allergies have been acting up. However, I started taking my allergy medication before the temperature drop so I haven't been that bad off - just some coughing and occational sneeze!

My life is pretty much filled up with research. Two research projects (one for a class) is keeping me busy. I have been hunting down articles from the 80s. Interestingly, most of these articles have only been archieved online back to the mid 90s. Therefore, I have to find either authors who have posted copies of these articles or libraries that have bound copies. Scare part is when the closet library is in a different country (and they actually give you the distance from said library).

Finished another interesting mystery book "Murder of a Botoxed Blonde: A Scumble River Mystery" by Denise Swanson. This is the most recent book in the series (I haven't read the other yet but I am planning too). The book is like many of the others I read - young unmarried woman solving crimes. I liked the humor in many of the scenes and the fact that the main character was often concerned with what other people might think of her or her behavior. This gave the character a much more down to earth feel. Also, the plot was complex that I actually didn't figure it out until the end when the main character figure it out. (I always like it better when I can figure out the whole plot before the end, but that is just my personal preference).

Well, I better get back to work since those research papers are not going to read and summarize themselves. Hmm...maybe I could invent some sort of artifical intelligent agent that could do that for me...

No comments: