Monday, March 12, 2007

Post #500

I noticed when I logged in that is my 500th blog. Boy-o-boy to I ramble!

Anyway, the temperature is getting warmer recently. It is currently in the 50s. The only downside is my allergies. I have been taking my allergy medication which seems to be helping. Unfortunately, everytime the medication begins to wear off I start sneezing a lot. Anyway, I am enjoying the sunny and warm weather. Tomorrows forcast - 65 :-D

Because I lack anything that could be considered a real topic I decided to toss up some links regarding music and books I have been reading recently. (I figure that will work until I actually finding some sort of profound topic to discuss).

Music of the Day:
The Guide by Borne (warning site plays music)
Why I like this song: I am a sucker for any slow songs that you can easily mouth the words to. I know I can't sing, so I don't ever try. The song has a surprising music "twist" starting about half way through that I like. The first time you hear the song it is unexpected. I dare you not to start bobbing your head.

Going Nowhere by Wynoona Judd
Why I like this song: Another song that I find myself mouth the words to. It's a little rock, it has a little country 'twang, the lyrics are fun. I love the chorus especially the line: "I'm chasing my tail/spinning my wheels".

When You Love Someone by Bryan Adams (from MTV Unplugged cd)
Why I like this song: It is at the end of the movie Hope Floats. That was when it first came to my attention. To me the song has an inner power to it. I can't exactly put my fingure on it, but it's just there.

Books of recent:
Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs: This book was so good, I had a hard time putting it down. I just had to know how it turned out. The twists and turns of the plot take you on a wild ride!

Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella: This book is quiet funny. The adventures of Becky continue with all of the fun the last books have ofter. Definately "chick lit". Excellent fun time reading.

Well, that is all I have time to share right now. School started back up this week and I have a project for my compiler class due on Friday. So I better get back to it. Hmm...but first I need food. Actually, I need chocolate. Yummy chocolate. Thanks for stopping by and reading! Hope you weather is getting warmer too!

P.S. The real truth about thesis is denoted in this comic...

No comments: