Thursday, March 13, 2008

Many Laughs

"I'm not repeating myself. I'm not repeating myself. Oh, God, I'm repeating myself." - Howard (What's Up, Doc?)

I am currently on a funny movie kick. So I decided (lacking any other topic to talk about) to write a blog about some favorites of mine that I watched recently.

What's Up, Doc? (staring Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal): This 1972 comedy keeps you laughing the entire time. The dialog is fast and witty. And the way Madeline Kahn says "Howard!" is just priceless.  There is a line at the end making fun of the movie Love Story which Ryan O'Neal was in.

Bringing Up Baby (staring Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn): This 1938 comedy involves a leopard, a dinosaur bone, a dog, stealing a car, golf, and ripping clothes.  No I am not making that list up - all of those elements are part of the movie.  I am guessing that explains why it is so funny!

How to Steal a Million (staring Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn):  This 1966 comedy revolves around stealing something that already belongs to you.  My favorite part is towards the end when they discuss the theft - there is a great line said by Peter O'Toole.

Other comedies that I recommend: Clue, Funny Girl, Funny Lady, Hello Dolly, Galexy Quest, The Pink Panther, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Wererabbit, and Chicken Run.


Can you think of any I forgotten or should watch?

No comments: